MIAMI TO NEW YORK CITY

MIAMI TO NEW YORK CITY
This is a 16 night Caribbean cruise on RSSC Mariner

Wednesday, June 24, 2026

DAY 12---AT SEA

 

        This is our position at 1pm today in the Atlantic Ocean.  It is a beautiful day with light winds, 80 degrees, and wave height of about 3 feet.  So we are getting a very smooth ride.  
        Captain Abhi said we are making a high speed run in order to be at the Cooper River entrance to sail in to Charleston, SC, by 8am tomorrow.  We are sailing at 19 knots which I did not think the ship could go that fast.  The port is near the "t" in Charleston on this Google Map.  We should be docked right downtown by 10am tomorrow.  I want to be up on deck 12 as we enter the river as we will be sailing right past Ft Sumter.

LAST EVENING


         Dinner in Compass Rose and started with some escargot.  Rebecca had a shrimp cocktail.
                                                       French onion soup was next.
        Ok, on the menu it said this was "fried chicken steak". No steak about it.  It was the same as last night.  Just a piece of fried chicken.  Don't get me wrong, it was very good.  Again the gravy was terrible.  
                                                     The peach cobbler was very yummy.
                                               We got our front row seats for Tenna's show.





        Tenna has a powerful voice and her choice of songs were all ones we knew.  Great show!  I hope we see her again on another Regent cruise.

TODAY

        Another day of smooth sailing.  Great weather.  This morning I sent an email to Regent's corporate entertainment manager touting Tenna Torres as a headliner entertainer.
After getting cleaned up for the day, I went to the theater for Richard Costanza's talk on New York City.
                        Of course it started with Frank Sinatra singing "New York, New York".

   
        We are creatures of habit!!  Every day we sit at the same seats at the Mariner Lounge bar, same table for lunch in La Veranda, same table for dinner in Compass Rose, same table when we dine in Sette Mari, and same front row seats in the theater.
        They are having officer challenge this morning.  Some officers were against some passengers in the giant dart throwing game.  The officers won!
              The casino is big with a roulette table, 4 blackjack tables, and 38 slot machines.
     This is today's lunch menu up in La Veranda buffet.  I like all the entrees, including the pasta
        This penne alla vodka pasta with smoked salmon in a creamy tomato sauce was delicious.  I added a few pepper flakes to spice it up a bit.
                                  They were carving a brandy-glazed country ham today.
        So, I got a bun from the pool grill and made a ham sandwich.  Also on the plate is cranberry sauce and some Delmonico potatoes.  Out at the pool grill today they were featuring a "burger heaven" buffet.
        We spent a quiet afternoon in our suite.  Rebecca is reading another book and I was working on some crossword puzzles and this blog post.
        I took this photo in the Boutique of some items people may forget to bring or will be unexpectedly needing.  There are also some candy and other snacks.
        All the clothes, jewelry, and other stuff is WAY overpriced in the boutique.  For example, these two bags of M&M (1.7 oz and 1.6 oz bags) are $3.00 each.  I also bought a frig magnet.  People only buy stuff to spend their ship board credits.  The three items cost me $17.  I now will have $1,14 ship board credit left after buying 2 more bottles of Rombauer chardonnay before disembarking.   
        Almost forgot.  During the Captain's noon PA he said the Mariner Lounge will be closed after dinner because there will be a big party for the crew.  He wants to show his appreciation for the crew's hard work in preparing for and passing the Coast Guard inspection with flying colors.  That's super nice.
        Here is this evening's menu in Compass Rose where we plan to dine.  We're thinking about the roasted turkey entree.  I will be interested to see what the giblet gravy looks and tastes like.  Our good Toronto friend, Marcia, knows all about it.  I have even brought some bottles of Heinz turkey gravy with me on cruises.  I will be toasting Marcia (she is Commodore status with over 2000 nights on Regent cruises) with a Grey Goose martini with a twist and some pigs in a blanket before dinner.  Ok, maybe two martinis!
        Entertainment in the theater tonight is featuring one on the male production cast singers.  We will be going but not on the front row.












No comments:

Post a Comment

HOMEWARD BOUND

HELPFUL HINT         As a reminder, the most recent post will show first.  I normally make a post every day.  On the right side below our pi...