MIAMI TO NEW YORK CITY

MIAMI TO NEW YORK CITY
This is a 16 night Caribbean cruise on RSSC Mariner

Saturday, June 27, 2026

DAY 15---ATLANTIC OCEAN OFF THE EAST COAST

 
        Our noon position shown by the arrow.  Cruising in the Atlantic Ocean off the east coast of the US.  Smooth seas, partly sunny skies, 82 degrees, and 75% humidity.  We're doing about 19 knots but the Captain said we have a current adding 2 knots to our speed (kind of like a tail wind in flying)  We are to  arrive in New York City around 1pm tomorrow.

LAST EVENING

        We headed into Compass Rose at 6:30 when it opened and sat out usual table with Mario serving us.  We both started with the vegetable spring roll.  Interesting presentation but tasted very good.
       Rebecca ordered this spiced branzino filet.  She said it tasted too "fishy" and could not eat it.
        I ordered this slow roasted beef strip sirloin.  It was medium rare just as ordered BUT it was so tough I could hardly cut it with my steak knife.  So we sent them both back and ordered the half roasted chicken and split it.  Did not get a photo of it but was good.
                                         The apple & blueberry crumble tart was delicious.
        We finished dinner at 8:30 so headed back to the suite for a while.  I went back down and got our usual front row seats for "Blazing Boots".  Following are some photos of the show,











        As I mentioned yesterday, this was this cast's last show as are heading home after 8 months on board.  This is our favorite of all the shows.  This cast is probably the best we have had the pleasure to watch.

TODAY

        We got up at 6:45 after another night of smooth sailing.  You can hardly tell you're on a ship in the ocean.  I got our Americano coffees as usual every morning.  I normally do not order breakfast from room service but did for this morning.  Room service showed up at 7:30 exactly the time we wanted it.
(You put your order out on the door before retiring the night before)  Rebecca had scrambled eggs and I had a cheddar cheese omelet.  Both were hot and good.
Getting a smooth ride again today.
     This morning I completed the digital guest survey online.  It's basically a critique of our cruise.
  
Lunch in La Veranda started with some potato-carrot soup, shrimp, mussels, anchovies, and bleu cheese.
                                                       Then some spaghetti bolognese.
                                        And just what I did not need, pizza.  I didn't eat it all.
        We got back to the suite before they had started cleaning.  Changing the bed linens was quite a chore.  They are responsible for cleaning 19 suites.
        Another lazy afternoon for us.  Rebecca did some reading and I did some crossword puzzles.  I am also organizing and getting ready to pack tomorrow.  During Captain Abhi's noon PA he said New York is his favorite place to sail into.  He said we will be starting up the Hudson River around 10am and passing by the Statue of Liberty around 11:00.  I hope to get some good photos tomorrow morning.  He said he would like to do a 360 degree turn so everyone would have a great view, IF the port authorities would let him.  What a great Captain!!
        At 6pm this evening there is "Farewell Reception" and Krew Kapers show in the theater.  This is show featuring some very talented crew members who put on an approximately 25 minute show for us.  They practice at midnight after their day of work to prepare for the show.  You would not believe the talent some of the crew has.  It is always the highest rated show of all the shows on board all of Regent's ships.  This is not our last evening on board as we will be overnighting in NY and disembarking on Monday morning.
        Always on the Farewell night menu is beef Wellington.  Another favorite of ours.  I also see branzino on the menu again tonight.  I know Rebecca will not be trying that again.  I have also asked the head sommelier, Kadek, to have a bottle of Rombauer chardonnay ready for us.  I have $89.14 ship board credit left to use so after buying this wine I will end up with $1.14 not used.  Good planning don't ya think??
        The 9:30 show tonight is featuring Yaniv Zarif's second show.  He has a nice voice but won't probably be sitting on the front row.
See ya tomorrow in "The Big Apple"!
       



No comments:

Post a Comment

HOMEWARD BOUND

HELPFUL HINT         As a reminder, the most recent post will show first.  I normally make a post every day.  On the right side below our pi...